Monday, July 15, 2013

American Girls on the Cheap

 OK--the first picture isn't an American Girl shot, but I just love the giant pink poof on Juliet's head. She doesn't think life is complete without a purse, bow, necklace, and sippy cup. 
 So, Leah had been religiously reading the American Girl catalog since we returned from Virginia Beach and she played with Lucia's Bitty Baby. Leah couldn't decide if she wanted a Bitty Baby, or a "big kid" doll. She was looking and looking and talking about getting both?! And all I saw was dollar signs. Then, I remembered, WE HAD AN AMERICAN GIRL IN THE BASEMENT! I had Kirsten as a kid. We went downstairs and started tearing though boxes until we found her. 
 Umm, Mom, I don't know if I ever told you this, but THANK YOU! THANK YOU FOR THE DOLL, THE BED, THE TRUNK, AND THE SEVEN OUTFITS! Seriously, I was adding this up in 1989 dollars, and I have a feeling a great deal of money went into this doll and her stuff.  
 Leah is IN LOVE with the doll. She is so happy to dress the doll, play with her, and put her to sleep. She renamed her "Lilly" which she also thinks I should name a future baby sister for her. 
 Juliet was a little sad not to be in the act of the doll. So she tried to put on the dolls clothes. 
 She was so excited when she finally got to hold the doll! I think she will be a great big sister when the time is right. Look at the look of pride! 


No comments: