Friday, May 23, 2014

Young 5 Orientation


 This sweet girl had Young 5 orientation this week. She was so nervous. We've been talking about how she would go to Mommy's school for the last year or so, and she has always looked forward to it. When the day came to go to orientation though, and be separated from her Daddy, she was a little nervous. So nervous in fact, that she didn't go to sleep until 12:30 the night before, and then only went to sleep in Juliet's bed in our room. 
I got her all ready for the day. She picked out a new dress and had me curl her hair. She was pretty excited to wear her new shoes, too. 

Daddy came home to pick her up and said that she didn't seem nervous. She got to school, took a picture, drew a picture of her family, and went with Mrs. F back to her room. I saw her coming down the hall holding Mrs. F's hands and started crying! It is so crazy how fast time goes. She looked a little nervous and a little bewildered. She gave me a hug and went right into her classroom. I checked on her a few times, and she was always busy. The report from the teachers was that Leah is a fast finisher (first one done with the project) and loved the art center (wouldn't leave it to try something new). 

I am so excited to have her at my school next year. I am so excited to seeing her blossom. 
Just a few more weeks of preschool and then she is Young 5 Kindergarten bound! 

No comments: