Saturday, September 19, 2015

Apple Orchard

 Last weekend, the only orchard by us that has Honey Crisps opened for picking. We had to go. Daddy was busy preparing for a trial, so he couldn't come. We were disappointed, but there was no way we were missing fresh off the tree Honey Crisps (they usually only last a week before they are picked out). So we went with just girls. 
 Leah tried convincing me that long sleeved tees/dresses were overkill, and she would be better dressed in a tank dress and shorts. She wouldn't think of wearing a jacket. She was freezing the entire time. Lesson learned. Listen to your Mama. 
 Love their totally fake "cheese" faces. I loved this road, and immediately imagined "artsy" shots. Nailed it. 
 They were selling on-site made kettle corn. It was really good. The girls took my money and went over to buy it themselves. When did they get old enough to do this? I gave Leah money, and she naturally selected the largest bag that the money would buy. The cashier made her confirm with me that it was okay. It was. However, it was much better freshly popped than bagged. 


 Sunflowers are my favorite late summer/fall flower. I made them pose by these last year, too. They are looking so big. After we took a picture, we ate donuts, played in the bouncy house and left. In the car, we all were suddenly starving, so a trip to Panera Bread was in order. The closest one to us was in Brighton, where Chris and I first lived when we were married. I remember when the Panera opened. We had no money, Chris was in school, and I had a hour plus commute to school each day, so going out was pretty rare. I remember that I got a free $5 coupon in the mail, and it was so exciting. Returning there with 2 kids, and in a totally different place in life was pretty surreal. 

No comments: