Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Dance Recital!


 Look at this girl! She had an amazing year. Leah took Ballet and Lyrical this year. This was her fourth year of ballet and her first in Lyrical. Lyrical was, by far and away, her favorite dance class of all time. She is already telling me that she HAS to be in Lyrical next year, hopefully with her same teacher. She's had 2 dance classes for 2 years now, and because she has done so well with it, and continues to love it, we told her that she could do 3 next year. Girlfriend is pumped. 

 This little chicky had a great year, too. She also did 2 dance classes. I feel like that number is still her "just right" number, so we will stay at that for next year. She was a little nervous, but did her best on stage. There were a few times that she TOTALLY forgot the movements and was just on stage kind of swaying. However, she was in good company, and most the other kids from her class were doing the same. I just about died laughing in the audience. I was totaling how much we had spent on the classes and costumes, and how awful the final product of her tap number was.  Of course, I wasn't serious and wasn't angry or anything, but it was just SO BAD (so bad it was good, of course!). The "Dancing Poodle" number was much better. 

 Juliet was insistent that she could lift her leg just like Leah. 
 These girls have had a lot of activities in the past few years. Dance is the ONLY one that I NEVER hear complaints about. They love it. We will stick with it as long as each girl is interested. Leah sometimes talks about wanting to join their team because she has 2 friends on it. I don't think I am quite ready for that. 
 Miss Leah Bean. 
 J. Boo!

 I love this little 4-some. 
 I'm glad Anna and Juliet got to do this together. They love each other so much. 

 Afterward, each girl got roses and some stuffed animals from their Grandma and Aunt Renee. We got ice cream at 10:30 and then went home and to bed. It was a fun night!







No comments: