Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Girl Scout Bridging

Last month Leah "bridged" from Daisies to Brownies for next year. It seems like just yesterday I was sitting at the computer trying to figure out a budget  for our troop and wondering what the hell I got myself into. I had a lot of fun as one of her leaders. It's been fun to watch her interact with the other girls and plan activities that they all love. Now that I'm at her school, I always appreciate when the other girls come up to me and say, "When is Girl Scouts meeting again?" or "I love Girl Scouts!". 
 Leah's vest kinda fell apart a few months ago (I washed it in too hot of water) and many of her badges came off, but because she wasn't going to wear it much, I never bothered to put them back on. I probably should have since it looked like she wasn't an active badge earner when she stood with her friends. Oh well. 
 This is almost our entire troop. I think 2 girls were missing. Our troop almost doubled in size this year. These girls have had a lot of fun together. 

 We parked in the wrong place at the park, so we had to walk a long time to find where we were supposed to be. We didn't haul the chairs we had packed. Juliet wasn't happy about that, but liked sitting on Daddy's shoulders. 
 Leah and one of her besties. They've been friends since Young 5's. 
 After Leah bridged, Juliet insisted that her vest was now hers, since she will be a Daisy next year. She is very excited about it!


No comments: