Sunday, April 5, 2020

Great Wolf Lodge

 This year just our family went to Great Wolf Lodge. We missed the Z's but had a lot of fun as a family. Teddy was big enough to "get it" and could have fun. The girls knew the layout enough and felt old and responsible enough that they were able to be independent within the water park for longer stretches. Both C and I enjoyed spending a little one on one time with each kid. We all went down the big water slides several times (except Teddy) -- even Juliet! We were so proud of her--she's been scared for years to try it.  
 Daddy is always a bit indulgent on vacations. There was a lot of ice cream eaten in our 26 hour stay. 



 A friend from school lent the girls some "magic wands" to do the quests. We reactivated them and the girls LOVED this. Chris and I were not huge fans. I think these quests would be best if your kids were old enough to do them themselves.
 While the girls and Chris did a quest, Teddy and I spent a lot of time in the arcade. He rode $20 worth of rides on this bus, which was his favorite thing ever. All he would say is "BUS! BUS!". 



 This selfie proves we were all present. My favorite part of the trip was when a worker insisted on IDing me, stating that I looked younger than 30. I had to name my birth date, my kids birth dates, and the year I graduated from HS to get a drink. Who  brings their ID into a water park?

 We got an extended check out, so we had another day in the park. 

 More ice cream! 




 Look at Juliet's lips! Blue! We packed up and drove home, getting Chick-Fil-A on the way. It was a great little family trip! Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for gifting us the trip for Christmas! 

No comments: