Monday, November 26, 2012

Big Girl Problems

I ordered Sass a pair of shoes in a flash sale at Stride Rite. I knew they would be big, and planned on putting them away for the Spring. Sassy loved them the second she saw them (they light up), and had to wear them. I told her that they were too big, and she said, "For all the others kids have them, now I have them, too. Don't put them away, Mommy!" 

We ended up going to Stride Rite on Saturday, and she found a cheap-o pair of pink glittery princess shoes that she couldn't live without. They were only $10, so we got them for her, with strict stipulations that she couldn't wear them to school. Yesterday she said, "See these shoes? They were $90, so I can't wear them to school." I didn't have the heart to tell her that she couldn't wear them to school because I'm not sure that they'll last that through the day! 

She did acknowledge that the light up shoes are too big, though, so hopefully she'll let me put them away for a few months. 

No comments: