Saturday, November 10, 2012

Jelly Bean Eats!

Jelly Boo started to eat solids this week! In short, she loves it! We didn't start Sass on solids until close to 7 months. Even then, she wasn't terribly interested. She liked eating more when she could eat table food independently. We were nervous on how Juliet would take to food since her tummy is so tender, but it was obvious that she was very interested in food and wanted very much to put some in her mouth. 
 I was eating an apple for lunch on Friday and Juliet couldn't stop starting at it and opening her mouth. I've let her "try" my food before, but I always get nervous that she's going to take a big bite (especially now that she has teeth) and choke. I wondered if she would like the mesh feeder (Leah tried it a few times, but never really cared for it). I went down to the basement and dug them out of a bin. Juliet was so excited! She kept crunching on the apple with a thrilled expression. She dropped it a few times and was immediately overcome with grief. 
 She was so excited to be eating like a big girl! 
 Later that night, after an outfit change, she tried solid food again. This time she enjoyed avocado with breast milk  This wasn't as exciting as the apple. 
 She ate a few bites, then had an expression like, "this is what I've waited so long for?" She was over it within a few bites. Later that night she had a little bit of an upset belly. She was up a little later than normal, and needed to sleep on my chest for the first stretch of the night. I blame the apple. We are going to stay away from "binding" foods for the foreseeable future. 
 This morning I gave her a piece of pear in the mesh feeder, and she rekindled her love of food. She just munched and munched. 
Chris and I joked that she was going to eat turkey out of the mesh feeder at Thanksgiving. 

No comments: