Thursday, October 31, 2013

Trick or Treat! Love--A Kitty and Aurora

 We went to the Trick or Treat Parade in town. Juliet looked perfect in Leah's old kitty costume. She would even say, "MEOW". Leah had a last minute wardrobe change (story of her life) and wanted to dress like Aurora. We made it happen, of course! 
 They were both pretty excited!
 Leah was afraid that the hay would ruin her dress. She had to be talked into sitting down. After the picture, she sprang up and had me carefully inspect her dress. Juliet wanted to sit on the hay, too. She loves to be just like her big sissy. Both girls are holding the pumpkins they made at Leah's Farm Party. 
 The first stop on the parade was Pete the Cat. Leah's FAVORITE! Juliet kept pointing at him saying, "KITTY! KITTY!" Leah was a little shy about saying "trick or treat", but she did it. She would just mumble it and stick out her bag. Juliet wasn't shy at all. She held out her hand and said, "TREAT!" to anyone she saw with candy. Then she would try to eat the candy. Then I would take it away from her. Then she would get a little sad. Then she would see someone with candy and say, "TREAT!". That cycle kept up all night. 
 Leah also liked the Fun House Mirrors, just like her Clifford book. 
 A nice grandma took a family picture. It's a great background and a lovely time of night, but I giggle every time I see Chris in this shot. He looks like Lurch. Also, I'm pretty sure he loves me, so just acting like he happens to be with us with both hands down doesn't really work for me. But, because this picture makes me laugh, it's a keeper. I just ordered it from CVS. I will display it with joy. 
 This one is good, too. Leah is rocking the dinosaur smile. She really wanted to eat the Mini Oreos she got from Pete the Cat. I told her she could after the picture. I can totally tell it's her, "can I get what I want now?" smile. 

No comments: