Saturday, January 11, 2014

We survived the Polar Vortex!

We survived the Vortex! We went out to Costco the Saturday before, and it was CRAZY. The lines went all the way to the back of the store. It took over a 1/2 hour to even get out of the parking lot (and we were somehow rear-ended by teenager in complete gridlock). Daddy braved Meijer by himself on Saturday night, and it was just as bad. At least we had everything we needed. During the Vortex we:

Made snow ice cream! Both girls LOVED it, but I found it slightly disgusting. 
 Stayed in our pajamas. Like for 4 days straight. 
 Made and decorated cookies. 
 Read lots and lots of new books.
The girls also watched way to much TV. I was trying to clean and organize, and they were getting so bored. Even though I didn't have school on Wednesday, I sent Leah. She was one of 7 kids. I sent her for a shorter day, but she just needed to get out and get active. They were ready to climb the walls.

No comments: