Friday, September 5, 2014

First Day of Young Five Kindergarten and with a Baby-sitter

 The first day of Young Five's came.
 The beginning of the school year always reminds me of when Leah was first born.
We were up early, rocking in the rocking chair, and I heard the school buses on the first day. 
I remember thinking "Suckers!" and just looking in awe at my newborn baby. Now she has started school. Like real school. 

She was very excited and kept trying (on purpose!) to make me cry by saying, "Today is the day! Today is the day I start Young 5's Kindergarten" She was excited and READY. We took some pictures. I love that Brain is watching over her. Brain is really missing his nap buddy. He is so much needier now that he doesn't get 2 solid hours of cuddling each afternoon (Leah usually falls asleep with her arms around him). I also love that Puppy Surprise had to be in each picture!


 It wasn't just a big day for Leah. Juliet started with her new baby-sitter. This was huge. We've always had nannies at our own home. Now she is going to someone else's house and staying with other kids. She loves it. She is excited to pack her bag each day. She gets out of the car, runs to Susan and doesn't look back.

The report from Susan is that she is incredibility delicate, girlie, and gentle. That might be true, but next to Leah, Juliet has always seemed like our wild one.  Chris and I always imagined that around other kids, she would be even more wild. 

Leah outside her new (my old) classroom. She seems to really like it. She loves that, so far, they do a lot of playing and not "hard centers". There is only 14 kids in her class, and her teacher told me that it is an incredibility mellow class. This is perfect for Miss Sassy Mae and her transition into "real" school. 
 The night before school, we made chalk art to celebrate. Leah colored hers in all by herself. We tried to get pictures in the morning, but it was way too sunny. So, we took our pictures after school. It was still pretty sunny but we made it work. 

 I am so happy that these girls are loving their new schedule. We are having a little bit of a bumpy transition in the evening, when they both seem super over tired. I am loving that I can  cuddle them each morning, and not have to rush them out of the door. 


No comments: