Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Soaking Up the Last of Summer

I can hardly believe that summer is over. I go back to work tomorrow. I was back all last week for the teacher's first week. It is extremely bittersweet. Though Leah professed to be worried most of the summer about Young 5's Kindergarten, she is now excited. Super excited. Now Juliet is feeling a little nervous about the babysitter reminding herself, often, out loud today, "Me no beep Susan". 

I've gone back and forth between trying to be excited about now working afternoons to just being annoyed. This morning I was reminded about a very strong positive about working in the morning. I will be able to snuggle with the girls each morning. It is my favorite part of the day, and I will be able to soak it in, and not rush them around getting them dressed and their hair done. Having a slow morning will be okay. 

 I've been trying to get the girls to play outside a lot to enjoy the last of the summer weather. We played outside last week, and it looked like it was going to pour rain. We stayed outside, and watched it blow over. It was pretty cool to watch. 
 The girls played with buckets and with the hose, and loved every second of it. They played silly games and played together so well. I just watched them and was so happy that they are still so easily entertained with water and buckets. 
 Then they started to get extremely silly and play "puppy" with the water. This mean licking water from the buckets and laughing wildly about it. 
 Juliet's tongue makes me laugh every time I look at this picture. 

No comments: