Friday, September 19, 2014

Juliet Starts School (Stay and Play!)

Juliet started Stay and Play today. We go once a week for 2 hours. Juliet wasn't thrilled about waking up an hour earlier then she is used to (with me working in the PM, the girls have pretty much stayed on their summer schedule-though they go to bed a little earlier-and sleep into 8 or 8:30 most days). She got in a better mood when she got to wear her new dress, and had Daddy, Leah, and I make a big fuss about what a big girl she is. 

She happily posed for pictures, too. I think they just capture her little personality to a tee. 




 She was pretty excited to go in. She kept asking, "where my teacher?!" She got in and played for a while. She really liked the doll house and play-doh. She did all the projects and had a ton of fun. She surprised me with what a good listener she was. She had a great first day! I cried when the teacher was explaining one of the projects that had a particularly touching poem. I am so excited to get to do this experience with her. I complain a lot about working in the PM, but I'm finding many advantages (and this is the biggest one of all!) It's so fun to be a part of the school experience. We even ended up knowing one of the teachers from Princess Camp. 
 10 little kids eating snacks and listening to a book just seriously melts my heart. 
 Juliet outside at her first "recess". Only 1 of the kids was big enough to peddle this thing, so she was doing a lot of work for the 5 kids riding. Juliet thought it was great!

No comments: