Sunday, January 1, 2017

Halloween

 This year Leah was a skeleton princess and Juliet was a demon. They were both very proud of their costumes and happy to be scary. We were getting ready to go out one day and Leah was telling me, "Why do people even dress up like princesses? Halloween is all about being scary!" I had to gently remind her that she was a princess at 3 (Rapunzel), 4 (Rapunzel bride/Aurora), and 5 (Elsa).  
 Leah got to go with Chris to the Daddy/Daughter dance at Workman. I was supposed to set up, but totally forgot. Whoops! They had a lot of fun. Next year Juliet will get to go, too. 

 This year we went to the Trick or Treat Parade at the Summit, as usual. Juliet ran into one of her best friends from Susan's and had fun walking around with her. Her and her family decided to go through the "Haunted House". Juliet and Leah begged to go. I warned them it would be scary, and we probably shouldn't do it. But both girls INSISTED. So in we went. The picture below is Juliet FIFTEEN minutes after we got out. She cried on and off the rest of the night. 

There was some 15 year old kid dressed like a zombie that got down to her level and got in her face and growled at her when it was completely obvious that she was petrified. I was so mad that I wrote them a letter about how inappropriate that is.






 Our pumpkins this year. Both girls wanted Mickey themed pumpkins after Disney. I  think they turned out pretty well. 

 Juliet had Dress Like a Farmer day at school. She had a lot of fun. 

 Cutest farmer ever.
 Now that I am at Leah's school I got to walk the parade with her. I am also a party planner for her class, so we organized a pretty fun Halloween party for her class. She had a lot of fun!

No comments: