Saturday, August 5, 2017

Napili Beach


 This was our favorite beach on Maui. It was a small, crescent shaped beach. There was good shade in the morning, little to no waves and extremely clear water. There was a restaurant at the end that we would visit daily to use the bathroom and to get drinks (their Blue Hawaiians were amazing despite some waitress telling me they were the worst drink on the menu on the last day--I actually thought their Mai Tai's were the worst I'd ever had) and ice cream for the kids. There were also lava rocks and great snorkeling. We saw sea turtles, here, too. 
 I also felt like this beach had the best views. We loved seeing the other islands in the distance. 





 There was a woman staying here (Lisa, from California--Juliet struck up a conversation with her) that would bring out her hula hoops and do exercises and little shows each time we were here. A few times she included Juliet, which would always make her day. I always wondered how she got all her hula hoops on the plane. It was clear that she was just a guest and not paid entertainment. 




  Here is Juliet wearing a towel for a dress. The restaurant was strict about wearing actual clothes, even though it was a beach restaurant. The first time we came, the girls were just in their suits, which they let slide, but didn't seem happy about it. We made sure to have dresses after that. This day we forgot. I tied the towel around Juliet and she must have got 15 compliments on her dress, and questions as to where she got it on the walk down to the restaurant. At first, Juliet was so embarrassed to wear a towel, but then loved all the attention. 
My Blue Hawaiian. I miss it already. 
I liked this beach and restaurant so much that I asked for a brochure on the hotel that the restaurant was attached to. The rooms were like $600 a night. Maybe we will win the lottery one day and can stay at the actual hotel. 

No comments: