Monday, May 14, 2018

Daddy's Birthday

For Chris' birthday, we did what he loves best: getting professional pictures done. Haha. I waited until the last minute to schedule a newborn session, and the only date and time she had left was at noon on C's birthday. We took it! I didn't make Chris be in any pictures, though. I still feel large and sweaty most of the time, and I don't need that recorded. I'd much rather have more cute pictures of my precious baby boy!
We let the girls play hooky and we still had a hard time getting out the door by 11:30. The girls took pictures with Teddy and then walked around Downtown Northville and had lunch out with Chris. 

I love when Teddy makes his "angry elf" face. Classic. 
That same day Teddy's one and likely only piece of Matilda Jane was delivered (the blanket) so I took some pictures. We have a ton of Matilda Jane blankets, and we all always fight over the big pink one, so the girls were pretty jealous that Teddy got HIS OWN blanket. Both kids asked for their own for their birthdays. Teddy is a blanket man. This little tyke needs to be swaddled up at all times all nice and snug. Most people that hold him comment on how warm he is. He needs to be or he gets cranky. During the day we just wrap him in a blanket. At night, I swaddle him. By 4 (ish) am, he is usually done with the swaddle and actively tries to get out, so I unswaddle him. 
We made Daddy his favorite (strawberry) pie the night before. We sent him upstairs with a beer telling him that we needed to clean the house for his birthday so that we could make the pie. He was suspicious because the housekeeper had been there earlier in the day, and the house was as clean as it gets. The girls convinced him that I was just a miserable task master, working them to the bone. 
 Leah got to go to Panera Bread with her Girl Scout troop and learn to make bread and cookies , but was home in time for pie. 


Happy Birthday, Daddy!

No comments: