Sunday, November 25, 2018

Everyday Days

 Brain has been there for every baby I've had. He's loved them all. Teddy reminds me of Leah with Brain. He is very interested and does his best to be very gentle. I love seeing them together. He's getting older, which always scares me. And Chris, too, apparently. He's been letting Brain sleep *literally* on his head for the past year. I wake up in the middle of the night and laugh because Chris looks like a sleeping Russian, with a giant fur hat on. Brain thinks he belongs there now, and can't be tricked into sleeping with Leah as much as he used to. 
 We finally put up this guys crib. We meaning Chris. And only Chris. And it's a good thing, too, because Bear has slept in there for a grand total of 3 minutes in the one plus month that it's been up. He is spoiled rotten with getting held for naps, which remains A-OK with me. I am keenly aware of how fast time passes, and am determined to be there for every minute I can be. Soon he will be like Leah, sleeping to 10:30 whenever possible and complaining that I am embarrassing him all the time.

 Around Halloween, we were "Boo-ed". The girls thought it was the best thing ever. They got a lot of great treats, and couldn't wait to share the idea. They were so interested in who got us, and even after watching our doorbell recording, they couldn't figure it out (a smart 4 year old did her best to cover it during the act!). We picked 2 neighborhood friends to get. We had a lot of fun going under the cover of darkness (wearing masks, naturally) and ringing doorbells. We got one of Leah's friends who is Japanese, and here for only 2 years. I think we scared them by ringing the bell so many times at night. They never answered! I later found out the dad was away on business and they didn't want to answer the door. I had to text the mom the next day and explain it all (and tell her to get the stuff off her porch). They thought it was great once they understood. 

 Tilly and Ollie LOVE that Bear gets real food now. They crowd all around him when it is food o'clock. Ollie is always licking Bear's hands, and he seems alright with that!
 Teddy's first beater! He was so excited to eat it. What a big boy!

No comments: