Saturday, July 14, 2012

Juliet Renee--Happy 2 Months!

 Jelly Bean,

You are two months old! I remember writing your one month post and being very....tired. I think we have determined that you do have a dairy intolerance. You are much happier now that I have eliminated dairy, and I am much less tired. I tried to have a piece of cheese on my sandwich for a few days, and we definitely noticed a difference. So, no dairy for Mommy. It is a small price to pay. Without an upset belly, you are the happiest baby. I can almost always make you smile. You love to wake up after Leah has gone to sleep and pretend to be an only child. You soak in the attention and laugh and smile. You really seem to like to coo. Daddy and I love hearing you try to talk. I think you will be an expert talker, like your big sissy. You are always easy to get to sleep when Leah isn't in the mix. 
You still love, love, love to be held. You don't like getting put down. Sometimes I can buy myself a half hour or so in the morning after you have fallen asleep, and another 20 minutes or so in the afternoon. That is not a certainty, though. There are many days that you don't allow this to happen. You do have an older sister, who occasionally needs the two arms of her mother. You do not enjoy when this happens. You make sure to glare at me when I pick you back up.  Like clockwork you wake up at 6:00 every morning and insist on sleeping on my chest. You throw your head up until it is *right* under my chin. You will sleep another 2-3 hours on my chest.  You still have a fussy spell in the evenings. To remedy this, I put you in the Moby wrap or we go for a walk outside. You love to be outside.
This is also the month where you have learned to take a nuk. Only Tomee Tipee nuks will do. You are very particular. You have tried a bottle a few times this month when left with babysitters. You did take an ounce for Auntie Renee this Friday, but preferred to wait until Momma got home to really eat. 
You hate the car! You cry and cry in the backseat almost every time we try to take you somewhere. I wanted to go to Laurel Park earlier this week. We made it 2 miles before I made Daddy pull over at a park. We let Leah play and got you out of your carseat. You were grateful. You used to hate your bath, but now you enjoy it. You kick and splash, which makes Leah (the bath "helper") laugh hysterically. You get a really proud look on your face when you are making a mess in the tub.
You still have an episode of projectile vomiting every few days. Knock on wood, it's been almost a week since your last spell, so maybe you are outgrowing it. 

Happy 2 Months, Baby Girl! We love you! 

No comments: