Friday, September 14, 2012

4 Months!

 Dear Jelly Belly Boo,

You are 4 months old! What a month! This was the month that Mama returned to work. To say you had a difficult time would be an understatement. It took you a long time to take a bottle. Auntie Renee finally coaxed you into it, but (like your big sissy did) you'll only take enough to get by. Most days you eat 1-2 ounces for our nanny. The first day Mommy went back to work, the report we got from our nanny was the following, "She really missed you. She didn't even want me holding her. She wanted to lay on her play mat. When I put her down, she would roll away from me and go to sleep. She didn't even want me looking at her." You improved for the nanny, but yesterday we left you with Aunt Renee to go to big sissy's "Meet the Teacher Night". You cried the entire time, and again, wanted to roll away and not look at your baby-sitters. Auntie Renee's comment was, "well, she knows I am NOT the Mommy". Mommy feels guilty for leaving you, but tells you that it is in the best interest of our family that Mommy works. Also, to be happy it's only 1/2 time, because with Leah, it was full time!
This month you have proved that you are one strong willed baby! You love your fingers! Daddy and I laugh about the post where I said that you only "played" with your hands. Starting shortly after I wrote that, you decided that you needed to suck your fingers. More specifically, your left index and middle finger. It is not to play. It is to comfort. You refuse the Nuk. We try to trick you, but you are smart and fight HARD for your fingers. 
You are also a drooler. Let's just say I've bought a few bibs over the past few weeks. Hey, if you're going to drool, you might as well do it in a personalized soft minky bib. 
 I though that I could eat dairy again, but I was wrong. I think I can safely get away with a piece of cheese here or there, but your little tummy is not ready for me to eat even small amounts of dairy regularly. Your tummy gets tight and your entire body stiffens. I hate seeing you uncomfortable. 
 You are also a sleeper! The new norm is that you sleep until 5 or 6 am and go back to sleep until I wake you up for the day around 7:30. You still sleep next to Mommy. You like sleeping close to someone. You will throw your head over until it is close to me. You are also a big time roller over baby, and it actually looks like you are working hard to try to creep. 
You rolled over and your foot got stuck in the crib. You were NOT happy.

We love you so much, Boo!
Happy 4 months!

No comments: