Friday, October 5, 2012

Tangled Hat

Before Sass started school, C and I were concerned with Sassy using the potty at school. New potties have always been a little scary for Sass. 
 We asked her teacher to keep an eye on her at potty time. Sure enough, Sassy wasn't using the potty at school. She would go through the motions, but always tell Mrs. T that she didn't have "that funny feeling". Mrs. T thought that the wording and how earnestly Sassy said that was adorable. 
 We knew a bribe was in order. What does Sass love more than anything? Tangled. We showed her that hat. Told her she had to go at school in order to get the hat. There was whining and some, "I want that RIGHT NOW"s. 
 But...she went to school and went on the potty! She said she felt much better. 
 And she really loves her new hat and even shared it with Little Sissy. Sassy tells me, "after Fall it is Winter and I can wear my new Tangled hat and Santa Claus will come and bring me Tangled stuff". 

No comments: