Thursday, June 20, 2013

Little Goldfish

 Leah started swim lessons this week! She was a little nervous about going to a new "school" and having a new teacher, wearing goggles, and thinking of putting her face in the water. I love how you can see her uneasiness in the above picture. She really liked the school, though. There is a big play area for kids who are waiting for their lessons. Both girls loved playing. 
 Leah went right to her teacher with very little hesitation. Miss Taylor was very positive with Leah.  
 I could see Sassy from  behind a big window. I told her to wave at me if she felt nervous, and I would blow her a kiss. She didn't look for me one time! 
 The last 5 minutes of class, the parents can come in and talk to the teacher. This kids then "show off" their learning. Leah was really excited to show me some new tricks she learned. 
 After each lesson, each kid gets a "report card"--Leah did great for her first day! 
 Flower Power! 
The only thing that Sassy didn't like about swimming was the idea of showering at the end of the lesson. Leah is very scared by showers and wants NO part of them. Maybe next lesson! :)