Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Many Faces of Leah Bean

 Leah Loo,

Sassy Mae! What a delight you are to me and your daddy. You keep us on our toes at all times. You are our little drama queen, and your mood can change on a dime. I like this collection of pictures, because it truly shows your personality. 
 You are always asking, "will you play with me?" You love to play hide and seek, peek a boo, "finding Brain", and to dress up like Rapunzel and for tell me to tell you, "Rapunzel, Rapunzel let down your hair!". You are always asking if your "Tangled clothes" are clean. You would live in the dress and shirt if I let you (I don't). If they aren't clean, you tell me to wash them. (Note to anyone who cares: please DO NOT BUY any Princess/Tangled clothes for Leah, they are a pain, and may be mysteriously "lost") You like to play with Jelly Boo if you are feeling like it. You can always make her laugh, and she is always eager to play with you. However, you often tell her, "I'm too busy to play with you right now, J. Boo. I got too many things to do!"
You love school. We had a day off last week for the Thanksgiving Holiday, and you asked me every day if it was time to go to school. Your teacher's think you are pretty cute and smart. You tell them all about your life plans: Disney when you are 5 and Juliet is 2, going to the beach after Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa, taking gymnastics after Christmas... Yesterday you showed me how to pray. It was pretty sweet. 
 You are at the stage where you are afraid to be alone. We often hear "I don't want to be here, all alone!" Your sleep has been awful lately (what else is new?). You go to sleep quickly, but are waking up much more than you typically did. You call for "Daaaaaaa-deeeeeeeee or Mooooooommmmmm-eeeeee!" When you get sad or scared you still cry, "Up on Mama!" like you did when you were tiny. I am dreading the day that you stop. 
 That's not you say you are not a "big girl" though. You love to do things independently. We hear, "I want to do it by myself!" often. You can put on your own coat, hat, and shoes. You can dial Daddy's cell phone number from memory. You love to punch in our garage code. You would like to dress yourself, but you would just be in Tangled clothes all the time. You do play by yourself often, though, of course, you prefer for someone to play with you. 
You still love the "Yellow Car Game", and get upset if someone finds a car you think you should have seen first. Other times, when we find a car, you'll tell us, "Good eye!" You've also tried to create new games with Christmas lights, and finding the moon. Daddy, you, and I still play "Yellow Car" with every car trip, though, and the competition can be intense. 


You like to recreate the scene from Rapunzel (which is no longer too scary for you) when Rapunzel and Mother Gothel tell each other they love each other. You'll pat my head and sing, "Don't forget it, you'll regret it!", then pull my hair away from my face and sing, "Mother knows best!" Then, you'll say, "love you, Mommy" When I say, "I love you, too" You say, "I love you more". It's a pretty sweet routine that you do a few times a day now. 

We love you so much Sass!
Mommy and Daddy

No comments: