Sunday, February 24, 2013

Cozumel 2013

 5:30-6:30 am

Wake up. Juliet didn't sleep well in Cozumel, and would often wake up and shout out at her Daddy and Sissy in the other bed. Every night I felt like I was wrestling an octopus  The last few days I had to take her out of the room and walk her on the beach so they could sleep. 

7:30

Breakfast. Sassy ate like a queen during the stay, and ate a great deal of waffles (with cream, chocolate, and sprinkles), eggs, toast, and fruit at breakfast. 


8:00


Feed the fish and birds. The fish were unreal! There were massive amounts of fish. They really enjoyed the bread and bananas. Grandma fed the birds. I never got a great picture of it, but there would be 10-15 birds just swarming around her. She could throw bread to a specific bird, and the bird would catch it! I did it a few times, but swarming birds just freaked out Leah and Juliet. 






8:30-10:00 

Juliet would nap on the beach and Leah would get some 1-1 time with me. Daddy would read his book in the sun, and watch as Juliet slept in the shade of the hut. Leah and I would build sand castles, play hide and seek, swim in the pool, play on the swing set, look for shells, or lay in the hammock. Leah was one happy girl! 















10:00

Ice cream break! Leah always knew when the ice cream machine was working. She would say, "Is it open? Is it 10:00? Is the handle on the machine out?" 



11:00-12:00


We would go back to the room to let Juliet crawl around. She wasn't the biggest fan on the sand and preferred to stay on the beach chairs when we were outside. 


12:00


Lunch! Dining at a buffet with two young kids was sometimes challenging, but we always left full and happy! Juliet loved to eat, and spent the entire meals shoveling food into her mouth. She appreciated the variety of foods.  

12:30-4:00 


The girls would nap in the room with Grandma. Juliet always woke up first, so Grandma would bring her down to the beach (Grandpa would stay with sleeping Sassy). Juliet really enjoyed the one on one time with us.

Chris and I would have cervesa and margaritas on the beach while the girls slept. It was so nice to have some one on one time with him. Vacations are the best! I seriously believe that they are an investment in marriages and your family. 



4:00

Try to shower two screaming banshees before dinner. 1/2 way though the trip, Chris and I gave up and let them just be clean every other day. I was pretty sure that the hotel workers were going to call the Mexican version of CPS on us after hearing the screams coming from our room.

5:30


Dinner! We ate at the hotels sit down restaurant every night. It was pretty good. I don't think I ever made it through an entire dinner, though. Leah and Juliet got tired and cranky early, so I took them upstairs early. I wanted to take my mom and dad out to dinner, but I don't think it would have been possible with the girls. Their dinner time tolerance was about 30-40 minutes. Then they were ready to go back to the "vacation house" as Leah called it. 



6:30-8:00

Wine with my Mom and Dad. We would share a bottle of wine each night while the kids either slept or played. Leah's DVD player broke on the trip, so she would sometimes watch Curious George in Spanish. It was nice to talk to my parents and relax from the day. 

8:30


Bed!


We had the best time in Cozumel. I am so glad we went, and so thankful that my mom and dad were able to come, too. I spent the entire week feeling like the luckiest person in the world to be in such a beautiful place with my family. 




No comments: