Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Birthday Chair


 Juliet was so excited to get her new chair. She has been climbing into Leah's often lately, which leads to some arguments. Of course, the second the Leah saw Juliet's chair she tried to claim it as her own, and when that didn't work, tried telling me that Jelly Boo told her that it was okay to jump on it. Juliet didn't really mind because then she took over Leah's chair. Oh well. Leah was disappointed in Juliet's chair saying that it wasn't as "squishy" and "jumpy" as her own. Give it time, I said. 
 Juliet loves her new chair. The anywhere chair is the traditional 1st birthday present in this house. Juliet was so smart, she pointed to her name. In her head, she probably read it as "J. Boo". Last week, for the life of her, Leah couldn't tell us Juliet's name. She kept emphatically repeating "JELLY BOO!" when we asked for her sister's real name. Chris and I are making a concerted effort to call her Juliet more often. He's doing a better job than I am. She is just such a Jelly Boo, J. Boo, or Boo. It's fitting. 
Of course, I had flashbacks of Leah getting her first chair. And of course I got a little misty eyed wondering how she is now almost 4. Leah looks so much blonder than I remembered. I think it was because we had just got back from a week in the Outer Banks with this picture was taken. Maybe. 
 I'm so thankful to have these 2 happy, healthy girls!