Monday, July 28, 2014

Ann Arbor Art Fair

We never go to the Ann Arbor Art Fair. It's always really hot. If there's one thing I hate, it's being hot and being crammed in with other people. One of my biggest pet peeves is feeling other people's sweaty skin push against me in a crowd. However, this year it fell in the middle of another "polar vortex". Score! 
 Every year I buy the girls a hand blown glass ornament. It's a fun tradition that I started because I wanted a tree full of glass bulbs. They love to help pick out their bulbs. I figure, if they want them when they are older, they are theirs. If not, score for me! This year each girl got to pick out their bulb early (usually we do it on Etsy in December). They loved selecting them. Although Leah was remorseful that she went for the first one that caught her eye, because later she found one with a tree inside of it that she really wanted. I told her we could look next year. :) 
We had fun walking around, eating galeto, and shopping. And, we didn't break anything (though there were a few close calls with Juliet the Destroyer who loves to tough everything she sees). Juliet even used a porta potty which amazed me! 

No comments: