Monday, July 14, 2014

Birthday Extravaganza

 Two sweet girls getting ready for their party. We've planned, talked about, and counted down to this party for months. Leah kept trying to claim it as her own, but Juliet was quick to correct, "My Anna Party!". The girls wore crowns and Elsa and Anna clippies in celebration of their Frozen Party. 
 A sweet family photo. I love all these people the best. I like to get a nice picture before the party, because we are rarely all together during the party. Plus, with a bounce house and 80 degree weather, it's easy to look disheveled. 
 Leah eating her dinner in the presence of (cousin) Trevor. She loves him so much, but gets so nervous around him. 
 Juliet was happy that other people were on the swing set. Her favorite thing is to be pushed on the tire swing. 

 The girls and their Frozen cake. Leah is protecting hers because Lukey had the gall to say that he wanted some of her cake. Leah insisted that she got the cake all to herself. Don't worry, Juliet was happy to share her cake. When I asked Juliet what she liked best about her party she said, "Lukey and Anna". 

 I made their cakes for a party for the first time ever. I was pretty happy with how they turned out. They each had an "ice palace" cake. I wanted to put on little Frozen characters, but everything Frozen related is so over-priced and impossible to find right now anyway. The girls loved their cakes. 


 I think Lukey is giving me the stink eye because he knows he got some of Juliet's cake, and not Leah's. The blue ice cream was a hit with the kids. I thought it was nasty. 

 Opening presents. These girls got so much. They are really lucky to have so many people that love them. I made my mom hide some of the presents last night after they opened them. It's better to spread out the toys and games in my experience. Leah hasn't even asked about them today. We will certainly use and appreciate them, though! 
 The crowing jewel present for Leah Bean. The Elsa dress. 

 Wow. 

 Both girls also got "FurReal" pets. They LOVE them. Leah has been walking around with her cat, treating it like the real think all day. 

 The girls also got new clothes for their Bitty Babies and immediately changed their outfits. They are good little Mama's. 
 Oh my God. Leah looks about 12 here. The leg cross?! I'm dying. 
 Leah got a new CD player and some CD's. She entertained us with some lovely dance moves. 

 Juliet got her own Barbie car, and couldn't have been more thrilled about it. She was waiting for this toy all week. She needs to learn how to steer, but when she can't steer, she just pushes. 

 She was so happy, "My own Barbie car!" she kept saying. 

 There was a costume change and then Princess Elsa did more dancing and entertaining. 
 Juliet likes Doritos just like her Mommy and Grandma. It's a curse. I made Chris throw them away, because the rest of the bag wasn't going to last long between Juliet and I. Leah thinks they are gross. 
 Birthday girl had to get the crown and her kitty for one last picture. 

No comments: