Friday, June 26, 2015

Back to Life

 The last day of the trip, we saw this beautiful rainbow over the ocean (Juliet actually saw it first, and alerted the entire family). I took it as a sign. All week we talked about having another baby. I worry constantly that there won't be "enough" -- time, energy, patience, money, space. It seems like everyone I know has 2 kids. Then I imagine being older, and only having 2. Chris and I have always wanted 3, and I've sometimes wanted 4. I keep watch at airports, grocery stores, restaurants, and sporting events constantly, looking for families of 5. Most of them look happy and well adjusted. We agreed to try for the third, and I took this rainbow over the ocean at the end of the week to mean it would all be okay. 

We got home in good time. We left Corolla at around 6, and the girls slept until 8ish. They did great on the way home watching movies and chatting in the car. We wanted to be home for our town's fireworks, which we attend annually with Aunt Renee and family.We made it with an hour to spare. We were in the car for about 14 hours, which included stops for breakfast, lunch, gas, and potty breaks. 

We were so glad to make it home for the fireworks. It was very motivating for Leah and Juliet to be good in the car. We got home, showered, and packed up some champagne and juices boxes for the fireworks. Aunt Renee brought us a pizza and bread which was SUPER appreciated since we were starving. We all had fun watching the fireworks and enjoying being out of the van. And, Juliet didn't puke on the way back, though she kept telling us she was going to, just to torture us, I'm sure...



No comments: