Friday, June 26, 2015

Matilda Jane's Summertime Dress

 It's no secret that I love to dress my girls. It's a fun little hobby that we share. I got into Matilda Jane about 2 years ago. This dress was my holy grail of MJ dresses. With days to spare, I finally found the correct size (at an appropriate price) for Leah. One of my goals for this trip was to get a picture of both girls in the dress on the beach. After we got back to the house, we heard the ice cream truck. Hannah was nice enough to chase it down. In the middle of the street, I pulled off the girls dresses so they weren't immediately ruined with ice cream truck ice cream, which always seems to melt and stain faster than regular ice cream. 
 Juliet insisted on holding the doggy during the pictures. We went with it. The doggy was her souviner from the trip. I promised the girls if they did well during our 24 person family session, and stayed clean and did their best to look at the camera and smile, we would get them a souvenir. We went to Super Wings, where I ended up with a hermit crab for Leah and this doggy for Juliet. And then Juliet got super mad that she didn't have a hermit crab and made her Daddy and Mom take her back the next day to get one for her, too. It ended up working out, because apparently hermit crabs like company. 
 Juliet happy to escape from the photography session. She is running back to our beach house. This year my Mom treated our family, and paid for the lion's share of the house. It was an amazing gift. When we first arrived, Leah kept running around and looking at our amazing views saying, "It was so nice of Grandma to do this for us! Thank you so much!" We loved the house. It suited all of us well. It was such a special week for the ENTIRE family, every sister, every grandchild to be together. I had so much fun, and didn't realize how relaxed I was until we got home and I had to go back to the real world (which, as a teacher, on summer break, isn't saying much!). 

 A better view of the house and Juliet. The triangular point of the house was very nice, especially at night, as we went walking out on the beach. We could always find our home!
 Theses sunsets were amazing!

No comments: