Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Our Oceanfront Wildlife

 There was a fox den of the cutest little foxes right in front of our house. The first night we thought they were feral cats. Google told us differently the next night as we watched them wrestle. What's really funny is the first night we were all drinking and one of the foxes walked across the deck and into the outside shower. I debated going to catch it (how I love cats!), but stayed with the beer. I could have held a baby fox and quite possibility got assaulted by the mama. I'm glad I refrained! 

We had a lot of fun watching the cubs play at night. This little guy was staring up at us for quite a while. We were all in awe!
 We also went crabbing several times. Leah was really excited by it. She loved pointing the flashlight at the crabs and holding the light while Daddy caught them. Juliet didn't want to risk a crab running across her feet, so she always insisted on being carried. 
 I don't think Chris has ever been sexier than when he is hunting crabs! 
 Chris got some fighters this trip. He actually got pinched, too. I've never seen a ghost crab fight. Their noises and movements are super interesting. It's like they're doing tai chi. He worked hard to catch them humanly, without  hurting them. But, he liked the challenge of the big ones. We always released them after catching. 
 The last night we brought a crew. Auntie Renee was a rock star holding Juliet. My hands were free, and I was actually able to catch a crab! It was so fun!

Many nights had storms at night. It was so cool to see the lightening on the horizon and see it break in pieces through the sky. 


No comments: