Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Our Try at Beach Pictures

 Typically when we do these vacations, we get a photographer to come and take family pictures for us. This time we elected to do it in house. I like how they turned out, but I almost wish we would have done the photographer. I was sweating hardcore by the end of the session. I didn't want anyone to be disappointed, and I felt like I didn't "know" my camera enough to make the quick decisions required while trying to take pictures of 24 people before the sun went down. My sister Madeleine was armed with her camera, too, and we made it work. Madeleine has much more experience, and does an amazing job at staying calm and collected (and taking great photos!). We had the same camera, and she knew how to change and adjust things quickly. We couldn't have done it without her! I am a worrier by nature, and just felt slightly stressed out by the whole thing. Of course, I would have felt a little stressed, too, if we had gotten someone else.

The nice thing about doing it ourselves was that we could pick the day. We chose one of the cooler days about 1/2 way into the week. There were no bugs and the sky was pretty. Also, everyone had a nice tan without looking like they had overdone it.

I love this series of all the grand kids. It was so cute to see them interact all week. This group is so nice and loving and helpful and I am so, so glad they are my family. 



 We tried to get a picture of the littles. Gigi kept wanting to squat. 
 We got a few cute sisters pictures, too. 
 We also got a nice family picture! 
 Love the sky in the background!
 My Achilles heal was trying to get a picture of just my 2 girls smiling and looking at the camera, and actually looking like they are having fun, not just slapping on a fake smile. It was hard. I think Madeleine took everyone else's pictures during 1/2 the time I worked at this. I was a sweaty, cross mess by the time we were done. I shook it off with some wine after getting back to the house, though. 
 This pose was spontaneous and I love it so much. 

No comments: