Sunday, August 17, 2014

Good-Bye Bodega Bay

 On our last day we flew a kite. I think this was one of both girls favorite parts. They loved it! 


 This picture is going to be framed and put in Juliet's room. I think it looks amazing.  

 I love everything about this picture. It is just so "Bodega Bay" to me. 
We played on the beach in the morning, and left for San Francisco in the afternoon. The girls stayed over night with Mom and Grandpa. They played with clay, went out for ice cream, took a bath, and watch Beauty and the Beast. Leah cried when we left, but didn't cry again after that. Both girls got a "rock star" report card from Mom and Grandpa. They were well behaved and had fun! 

Leah was a little sad she didn't get to go to Paul McCartney with us. She was very interested in what songs he was going to sing, and why we couldn't take her. Chris recorded a little bit of a few songs on his phone for them. Leah liked it, particularly the fireworks. 

We had a lot of fun at the concert. It was so cool to hear Paul perform. He sounded amazing and sang many of my favorite songs. I really wanted to hear "Hey Jude" with him at the piano because I remember watching him perform it on Saturday Night Live when I was a kid and thinking it was so cool. He preformed the song, and it sounded just like I remembered on SNL. He also sang our wedding song, "And I Love Her", which neither one of us were expecting. It was amazing. Chris looked up the set list yesterday, and he sang 40 songs. It was weird to go to bed without the ritual of putting the girls to bed, but it was also really nice because I was exhausted. 

All and all, it was a busy, but really fun trip. It's always fun to spend time with family and do new things. :) 

No comments: