Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Life Lately

Leah Bean is obsessed with her Elsa dress. Like most Disney Store dresses it sheds glitter like crazy, which makes me reluctant to let her wear it as I know she will want it in great shape come Halloween. I do know that she loves this dress, though, so I try to find a few low key days to let her wear it. I almost died when I let her wear it to Meijer and it got caught in the wheel of the shopping cart. This dress is in crazy demand (it took me months to find at retail price) and I don't want it wrecked. One day last week we had "Frozen" day. We watched the movie, dressed up, and ate ice cream. Leah was so excited to wear her dress. 
 Leah and I drew a picture of her family. She started the drawing with her and Grandma (last time it looked like she drew Grandma with boobs, and when we pointed it out jokingly she got really embarrassed--so this time, after she finished grandma, she said, "Look, Mommy! No boobs on grandma this time!"). She then added me, Juliet, and Daddy. 
 Then she wanted to lay down with her picture so it looked like they were "real". So ding darn sweet. Juliet tried to lay down, too (has to do everything big sister does), but is super sun sensitive so she said, "Me nap with Daddy!" and closed her eyes. 
 One of our regular summer chores is to feed the birds. At the beginning of the summer a special mix for song birds was on sale, so that's what I got. Now, very few birds come (but when they do, it's usually pretty birds like finches and cardinals), but we get a ton of squirrels. Yesterday there were 6 out there. This mix is lasting forever, too, since the squirrels don't seem to be as smart at getting it out as the birds are. 

No comments: