Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween Eve

Juliet and Leah in the same Halloween Costume at 2. Where does the time go!? I remember that day with Leah like it was yesterday. I went to school, even though I didn't have to, to organize my room. Leah went in her costume and we watched the big kids have their Halloween Parade. We went out to lunch. Leah devoured suckers all day long. 
 Leah was dressed up for her school's parade and party. I really wanted to go, but the times didn't work out with my own classroom. Now that I don't have a para, I can't  pop out for a minute as needed like I used to. I am sad that I didn't get to see her first party, but I did get to watch her LEAD the Halloween parade (she was the Happy Helper). Both girls went to the babysitter in the PM so I could go to professional development. It seems like both girls had a lot of fun, but Juliet must not have gotten a lot of sleep or just been super OVER it, because she was like a ticking time bomb at the Summit's Halloween Parade. I'm not used to working a full day, either, so I was a little grumpy myself. ;) 
 I love this picture of the girls showing off their tickets. They were so happy to go to the Summit's Halloween Parade!
 Anna and Elsa were there. Leah couldn't decide whether or not they were the "real" ones. She is trying SO HARD to not be so freaked out by people dresses as characters. It's so adorable to watch. When you talk to her about it, she'll say she doesn't know why it makes her so shy, but she is trying not to be. I seriously get a lump in my throat every time she sees a character. She tries so hard. It sucks that usually when there is a whole character thing, you have to be really quick. I think she would love it so much more if she was able to have a few minutes with them to build up some confidence. Juliet, on the other hand, runs right over to them and tries to sit in their laps. 
 Princess Rapunzel!


No comments: