Saturday, October 1, 2016

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique -- My favorite part of the trip!

 This was my favorite part about the trip. I loved watching them get all made over like little adults. I thought I was going to be a "cool mom" and allow them to select their own hairstyle. Juliet picked the bright colored hair extensions that are rolled into her hair. I was fine with that. Leah picked the synthetic hair/dead rat style that they put on top of your hair, and I had to veto it. I, personally, find the style super ugly and messy looking. I also argued that the synthetic hair would be hot and itchy. Leah was so excited to be at the salon, that she happily switched to Juliet's style. 
 The fairy Godmothers in training comb out the hair, style it, put on make-up, some face jewels, and paint their nails. They also got a back-pack to take home all their goodies in. We got the basic package, and I was pretty impressed by all it covered. At the last minute I was almost guilted to get the next package up, but I'm glad I didn't. All that package got was a tee shirt and a skirt as extra. I had already bought the girls new princess dresses for the Halloween party, so they weren't sad that they didn't get a princess dress, too. 
 While they were getting their hair done Chris and I talked about how special the entire experience was for them. They were truly made to feel like princesses for the time they were there. They felt so special and it was so cool to witness the magic. All the workers would stop when they passed by the girls to tell them how pretty they were, or how nice their dresses or shoes were. Every single worker referred to them as "princesses" for the entire vacation. 

 I could tell that Juliet was uncomfortable a few times while she was getting her hair done, but she was so thrilled with the experience that she didn't fuss once (which is remarkable if you know Juliet).

 After the girls are all done, their fairy waves a magic wand over them and does a big reveal. Both kids were very reserved in their reactions, but also very pleased with how they looked. They were thrilled that they got to take the make-up home, and loved wearing the special sashes. 








 Afterward, both girls got their fairy godmothers autograph and took a picture with them. Then they got a special photo-shoot (I need to figure out how to get those pictures off the Disney app). Leah took the modeling very seriously, and it was really fun to see her pose like a model and work the camera. Juliet wasn't sure why she was posing on a couch in front of a sponge painted wall, and was very silly. Both loved the way they looked and begged to keep the hair extensions (they were somehow "lost" in the packing up to go back home). All in all, I would definitely take them back here if we ever come back. 

No comments: