Thursday, October 6, 2016

Epcot Day!

 We tried to sleep in a little after the Halloween Party, but still made it to Epcot by 11am. I was pretty impressed. We did Turtle Talk with Crush and then went to explore the "lands". I was really excited because all the Food and Wine booths were out. For some reason I thought they were only out on the weekends, but I was wrong. There were so many good snacks and drinks. The lettuce wraps from Korea were my favorite. I also really liked the peach beer from China. We were having a ton of fun sampling everything that sounded good for an hour or so, and then it started to rain. That was the end of that. 
 The kids had ice cream cones and were very excited about that.  

 Something the girls were really looking forward to was picking out pearls in Japan. Leah really wanted to get twins and Juliet just wanted a giant pearl. I read that the best pearls are in the ugliest shells, and the kids had a good time trying to find the ugliest. It was a lot of fun to see them opened and to count in Japanese. 

 Juliet got the biggest pearl of the day. Leah's was slightly smaller and not twins. She was disappointed, but wasn't a brat about it. I told her it was a rare color to make her feel better. I am going to have the pearls set into a necklace for them. I think it's a really sweet souvenir (and hopefully one that they are able to enjoy for a long time) and was definitely worth the money in watching them enjoy the experience alone. 
 The Koi pond reminded Chris and I of our honeymoon. The hotel we stayed at had one outside and we would always watch them and sometimes feed them. The fish would go crazy jumping all over at feeding time. 

 Getting ready to ride the Frozen ride. It was pouring down rain and we had to run here. Once we were in line, Chris realized that their autograph books were in the stroller. He had to run back out and get them so they wouldn't be ruined. The ride was fun. It's a lot like Peter Pan's Flight and the Ariel ride. The kids loved it, but I am weirded out by all the animatronic characters. 
 After we got off the ride, we hung out in a store long enough for them to ask us to buy them everything in the store. Then we ran back through the rain again to meet Anna and Elsa. The girls were so excited and it was a fun interaction. The rain prevented a long line, and we were able to get in to see them immediately. It was awesome! 

 After we met Anna and Elsa the rain stopped. Juliet had a ton of fun splashing in the puddles and was really entertaining some of the elderly guests. We decided we needed some chips and guac and beer so we went to a restaurant to eat. Apparently Juliet wanted to combine playing in puddles and being a puppy, so she took a drink of puddle water out of her hand. Another guest saw this and told Chris. Obviously Chris was grossed out and told her to stop and how sick it could make her to drink the water. The guy recommended watching her because she could get sick. I was getting food, and when I came back, the guy brought over a map of the park and told us where the medical center was. I asked what was wrong, and he told me about the puddle water. I told him I knew, and it was gross, but that she would be okay. He told me he was a "survivalist" and that people die all the time from drinking stagnate water (which had been stagnate for about 30 minutes). I reiterated that it was gross, and we would watch her, but she would be okay. He again told me it was very serious and she could die. Juliet was so scared and I was so annoyed with the idiot. It put a damper on the end of our visit. 

 We had Juliet drink a lot of water and she managed not to die. 
 We rode the ride inside the golf ball and had fun playing some games afterward. 
 We posed a few times and then set off for Sanaa. 

 We had a good dinner there. We sat right by the window and had fun watching all the animals roam. We liked the naan, and the food was good, but I don't know that it lived up to my expectations. The butter chicken was good, but it was much saucier than I expected. The atmosphere made it a good experience, and the kids loved seeing the animals. 
 Somehow a plastic cup got into the animal area and this bird was playing with it. A worker came in and was wandering around. Juliet banged on the window to get his attention and pointed to the cup. He picked the cup up and took it away with him. Juliet was happy. 
 The best part for the kids was designing and eating a cookie. 


No comments: