Saturday, October 1, 2016

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Parade

 We couldn't get into the parade until 4, so we spent the morning swimming at the hotel. We also appreciated some of the lovely views around the hotel. Juliet took a nap so she could stay up late and be (reasonably) happy. 
 While we were swimming a sky writer wrote "Trust Jesus" in the sky. At first we thought it was going to say "Trump", but then we saw it was going to say something else. I told the kids it was going to say, "Trust JFK" and an old lady told me that made no sense because he had been dead for a long time. I told her I was just joking, and she asked me why I would joke about that. It was an awesomely awkward exchange. 

 After lunch and nap, and 3 calls to housekeeping for safety pins (Leah's dress was too long and needed to be tacked up, and Juliet also wanted her sleeves tacked up to be tighter), we were off. It was impressive to see the costumes that many of the adults came up with. It was a very festive atmosphere and fun to be a part of. 

 We watched the show, again, in front of the castle. Flynn Rider was pretty dreamy, but I never got a great picture of him. 

We rode Dumbo, but Juliet liked the inside play area the most. She didn't like the big kid portion, but loved the under 3 section. She didn't want to leave at all. She was getting ready to throw a fit when we told her it was time to leave, so Chris told her the workers found out she was really 4, and asked her to leave. She slunked out and kept asking, "WHO told them I was four?! Was it YOU?!" to each of us. It was hilarious. 

 We had dinner at Cinderella's Castle. It was an experience to see and be a part of, but, honestly, the food wasn't very good. I'm glad we did it, but it wouldn't be on the top of my list to do again if we ever came back. 


 Juliet kept saying Snow White was her favorite princess, which I don't understand at all. I think she is boring. 
 Leah was so excited to meet Aurora, because she was dressed like her! 




 During the Halloween Party we: rode the Mine Ride in the dark, rode the carousal, went on Peter Pan's Flight, saw the parade and fireworks, and trick or treated around the park. We also went on a long quest for water that was the worst part about the trip for all of us. 
 Juliet used all of her glow sticks to make a leash for herself and pretend to be a dog. This game extended into the next day. 



 The fireworks were awesome and the light show on the castle was cool. When it was all over Leah cried that she didn't see anything because she was sitting in the stroller. I have no idea if this was true because why wouldn't she say something while it was going on?! Maybe it didn't live up to her iconic expectations so she thought she missed something? 
 I never got a good picture of the parade, but I got this picture of Leah watching it. It was a really good parade. We stayed at the park until closing (midnight) and everyone had fun! 

No comments: