Monday, May 7, 2012

Last Weekend as an Only Child?!

Perhaps...On Thursday they are going to try to "jump start" labor. I have been having contractions for a few days now, they are just not consistent and always seem to taper off sometime after midnight. I am hopeful that the jump start will work! I am ready to meet our little Jelly Bean!  
 Since this weeked *could* be Leah's last weekend as an only child, we decided to have a fun day devoted entirely to our Sass. Originally we were thinking about a zoo trip, but I had visions of being 2 miles away from the car, and in labor, so we changed our minds. Instead, we spent the Sunday morning at the park, had lunch at Wendy's (Leah loves her "chicken and fries", which is reserved as a very special treat), and did our grocery shopping at Meijer (one of Leah's favorite activities). Leah really loved the park, she loved the "red" swing and running though the "hallways" of the play structure. She did not want to leave, but we promised that we would bring her back soon.
 Sassy's fun day wasn't even reserved to just Sunday. Leah Bean got to go to and play at a park on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (as evidenced my the out of order picture below). Lucky girl.
 I think Sassy has an understanding about Juliet's arrival. We bought her "Puss in Boots" and "The Muppet Movie" and told her that she will get to watch them with Auntie Renee or Cousin Hannah when Juliet comes. She's pretty excited about that, but has added her own "fun things" to the list. Yesterday she told us that "When Juliet comes out of Mommy's belly, I'll paint some Easter eggs." We've been trying to prepare her for what a new baby is going to be like, but I don't think she totally gets it. Yesterday I was telling her that babies get milk from their Mommy, and I will feed Juliet milk. Leah started crying, ran away from me, and told me I couldn't get on the bed with her.
 I can't believe Leah Elisabeth is about to become a BIG SISTER. She is my baby. Sniff, Sniff.

No comments: