Thursday, May 31, 2012

Memorial Day-Sassy's Perspective

Well, it didn't get off to a good start. Mommy and Daddy tried something called "Sleep Training". Basically, Mommy refused to lay in bed with me for an hour and a half while I rubbed her arm with my hand and her leg with my foot. Hey, it's how I fall asleep. Also, there have been a lot of changes around this house, and it was how I was coping. Instead, she laid with me for 20 minutes then sat in the chair while I alternated between whining and crying. I kept this up for hours, but she wouldn't get back in bed with me. Daddy did, but that made me glad and mad at the same time. It's complicated. I finally fell asleep, but woke up every 30-45 minutes crying for Momma. Luckily, she came every time. I think I learned my lesson. Now I lay with Mommy until I fall asleep, but I have to do it fast. Otherwise, she goes and sits in that awful chair. I can't have that. So, I go to sleep much faster now.
 After that awful night, I was pleasantly surprised with a new pool the next day. I showed off my new "go right to sleep" skills with Momma for nap time, and we got to go to Blockbuster and rent some DVDs. I picked an Elmo's World and The Little Mermaid. It was a much better day.
 On Sunday I got to help Mommy and Daddy pick out some new flowers and plant them. Playing with dirt is awesome.
 Also, Cooper was over this weekend. I love that dog. I like sneaking up on him and giving him a big "ROOOOAAARRRR" just like Simba in the Lion King. I don't like when he tries to eat my Sesame Street friends though.

 I really like my princess pool, but I really like to look at it more than I like to play in it. See Ruggie peeing in the background?

No comments: