Thursday, June 28, 2012

Leah's Life

 Leah had a playdate with Jackson. They flooded the sand portion of the sand and water table. Leah kept talking about how her and "Jacks" had fun making a pond. Later she had fun making a snowman. Daddy kept calling it a sandman much to Sassy's annoyance. 
 Leah's paintings have become really good. I bought a binder so I could save them all. She also gets mad when we recycle the lesser quality works. She will take them out of the recycle bin and say, "but I drew this!" 
 Over the past week Leah has begun to have silent reading time. Instead of bringing me books, she will read several by herself. She often tries to point to the words as she reads. She reads very quietly, almost under her breath. She gets mad if you ask her to read to you or read louder. This is how she used to be about singing. Now if Daddy or I dare try to sing a song or even sing along to a song on the radio she'll get really angry and tell us, "just listen!". She, however, is allowed to sing whenever and wherever. If you dare try to sing along, she'll loudly assert, "just let me do it by myself!"

No comments: