Thursday, June 28, 2012

The "Neighbors" Pool

 This week is kind of a challenging week for me. Chris had his usual softball games on Tuesday, meaning he is gone until at least 9 at night. He also has a rehearsal dinner on Thursday and a wedding on Saturday along with some odd errands he needs to run for the wedding. All this means that Daddy is gone A LOT this week, and I am on my own, which isn't always difficult, but can sometimes be very difficult (especially around 8 pm). I feel bad for Sassy on days like these, when I can't even tell her, "wait until Daddy gets home, and we will do something fun!". So, I asked our nanny to come over for a few hours this afternoon. Sassy and I went to the pool. Sassy had SO MUCH fun. I think she really enjoyed the one-on-one time with Mommy. I told Becca we might have to make this a weekly thing. 


See that glimmering puddle behind Sassy in the above picture? It is pee. I told her she couldn't pee or poop in the pool, so she nonchalantly got out of the pool and spread her legs. She began peeing, and sticking her hand into the pee and saying, "I feel this! You want to feel this?!" She then got back into the pool and tried to pee again. I told her no, and she got out and finished her pee. She then said, "Accidents happen!" This girlie girl is ready to be potty trained! Sass does better with change when she is well prepared. I told her we were going to see the fireworks at Aunt Nicole's and eat cookies and chips. Then, the next day, she would need to wear underwear all the time, except at night time. Now, if you talk about the fireworks, she'll get really excited and say, "I'll see all colors in the sky and eat chocolate cookies!" Then, if you ask her what will happen the next day, she'll hang her head and mumble, "potty training". Haha. 

No comments: