Sunday, November 29, 2015

Gobble Gobble


We hosted Thanksgiving here. I have a love/hate relationship with hosting. I love being able to pick the time (hello, after nap time) and the food. It's always a little stressful to put the entire meal together timing wise, and keeping the house clean is a challenge. 

The day was a success! I made Latvian Pierogs for an appetizer. We made turkey, 2 types of stuffing (corn bread with sausage was the big hit), macaroni and cheese, and rainbow carrots. Auntie Nicole made the gravy and mashed potatoes. For desert, I made homemade apple crumb pie and pumpkin cheesecake. We worked as a family really well to get it all done. The girls were rewarded with a blind basket of Shopkins in recognition of how well they played by themselves while Chris and I cooked and cleaned.

I love this picture of Leah and Juliet. This is pretty much them. Juliet has started saying, "Aw, Jam it!" like the poptart commercial. It's pretty funny. 
 Annual cousins picture. Leah was so excited for her cousins to come over. She kept asking what time it was and when they were coming. We saw very little of Leah and Juliet after they all arrived. 

No comments: