Saturday, November 21, 2015

My Girl

 Leah has been counting down the days until we could make a fire. She knew it had to be under 40 degrees. She would ask every time she was cold. The weather finally allowed it a few weeks ago. We've been enjoying fires regularly since then. Last weekend, I took out our bin of Christmas books. Leah spent over an hour in front of the fire with a pile of Christmas books, reading each one, then stacking it up. She is so excited about Christmas. She's need to be put in check a few times, though. This year, especially, I want her to consider how she can help others. We have so much, and it's just not reality for many other families. Due to redistricting, there are several new families at the school I work with, and many have heartbreaking stories. It's been over 5 years since I worked at a school that had similar stories to the ones I am hearing this year. This year I think Leah is old enough to understand that she can help others in a more "real"/concrete way. 

No comments: