Saturday, September 9, 2017

Millennium Park and The Shore

 The kids had a ton of fun at this fountain. They loved it. Some of the faces on the towers kind of creeped me out (especially when they would blow water), but that's okay. 


  





 The Bean is always endless fun. We came back with Chris, and we marveled about how much fun they could have here. 



 We made many visits to Maggie Daley Park over our time in Chicago. This was the first year that I felt like I could give the girls boundaries, then sit back and watch them play without keeping them at arms length. I was patting myself on the back about how proud of myself that I was letting them be more independent when I noticed an entire class of 2-3 year olds wandering around while their teachers sat in the middle of the playground. I would be completely freaked out as a parent for my kid to take a class trip to this park that young.  

 Such a pretty view!
 We thought this might be the warmest day, so we went to the beach. It was like 77 in the city, but felt like 65 at the beach. It was pretty windy and chilly. We only stayed for a few hours, then left. The kids had fun, though. I stayed under a towel reading a magazine. 
 Leah went in the water for 5 seconds. Juliet only put her feet in. 

No comments: