Sunday, September 10, 2017

Random Chicago Fun

 We left Chicago on Leah's birthday, and came back to Michigan for 4 days because I had to work. We weren't sure what exactly what we were going to do Labor Day weekend, but decided, at the last minute to go back for the long weekend. I went into the baby-sitters on Thursday afternoon, and told them to hurry up because we were driving back to Chicago. It was like the girls had no idea that was a possibility and were completely taken back. It was funny. 
 Chris didn't have trial on Friday, so we got to spend sometime with him as we moved hotel rooms for the second time and found a place to take his clothes to get washed and dry cleaned. He worked a little bit, too, and the girls and I went and got manicures. It was Juliet's first time, and she was very proud and impressed and kept telling me, "Now, I'm such a big girl. I get manicures." Never mind the fact that he manicure didn't even make it out of the shop before it was all smudged. It was only $5 and she got well more than $5 enjoyment, so I was okay with it. 
 We wanted to go to the Planetarium, but it closed earlier than google told me, so we ended up back at The Field, seeing their special exhibit, Jurassic World. Some of the animatronic animals were so real and life like. Juliet was totally freaked out and wanted to get far, far away from them. The best exhibit was the raptors which was a guy in a costume running around like a dinosaur. They made us all put away our cameras prior to him coming out, or I would have taken 1,000 pictures. I laughed so hard my stomach hurt. Juliet couldn't decide whether it was hysterical or slightly scary. 


 We walked back and got some yummy Mexican food. It was a fun day. 

No comments: