Sunday, September 10, 2017

The Field and Aladdin


 The girls really wanted to go to The Field. It was our third visit in 3 years. I'm okay skipping the next year or two. It's a great museum, but I don't feel like it needs to be a yearly visit. This is the last time we will see Sue in the main foyer. They are taking her down, and moving her to another part of the museum. They will have a larger, plant eating dinosaur on display instead next year. 
 I have a picture of Juliet in the dinosaur footprint from every visit here we've made. This visit, the girls seemed to like the taxidermy wing the best. That is my least favorite wing. 
  
 After we left, we took a water taxi to Navy Pier. We never got to walk all the way to the end, and we had some time, so I thought it would be a good activity. 


 The girls really liked the taxi. Juliet loves to tell me how much she loves boats now. 
 At Navy Pier, Juliet got a sweatshirt and Leah got a snow globe. 

 That night, we went to Aladdin! It was a great show! The only thing that bothered me was Jasmine's hair. They had it in all these long pin curls, like Shirley Temple. That's not how Jasmine's hair would look in real life. It can't be hard to put her hair in big hot rollers and then brush it out. That's how it would look. It irrationally bothered me for the entire show. Otherwise, the music, characters, and special effects were really good. The next week, I was sure I saw a member from Aladdin's posse on our Architectural Boat Ride. I was pretty positive it was him, but I didn't ask because he seemed to be having a very good time with a group of friends. 
 We sat in the main floor, in the last row, which is where we've sat for every Broadway show we've seen. I love that the girls can stand up, or sit on their knees and not bother anyone behind us. I expected this show to have a lot of kids. I was very surprised that there were only a very small percentage of kids in the audience. I would say it was 97% adults. There were many more kids at Wicked and Matilda, which I thought was kind of odd. 

No comments: