Saturday, September 9, 2017

The Arch


It was bad luck for us and The Arch. We really wanted to go to the top. The tickets were sold out the day we came in. They were sold out until like 10:00pm the day of the eclipse. I thought we could for sure get them the next day, but by the time I looked the day before, they were sold out until like 5:00. We weren't going to stay in St. Louis that late, so we settled for just going to look at it. 
 For some reason I thought the Arch went over the Mississippi River. It doesn't. 
 We liked looking at the Mississippi River. We talked about how Ollie might have seen it during his mysterious stretch as a Mississippi dog. We even brought him back a stick from the river.  


  You can't tell, but I'm in that picture. A kindly gentleman offered to take it. 




 The kids had the most fun looking for rocks on the banks of the Mississippi. They found some cool enough rocks. The Mississippi River was more dirty than I imagined and also had a much stronger current than I would have thought, too. It was interesting to see. 





No comments: