Sunday, September 10, 2017

First Day of School -- Kindergarten and Second Grade!

 It's been really hard basically being a single parent for the past 6 weeks. I really wanted the first day to be relaxing and stress free for the kids. All was going according to plan until when, at 8:15, just as we were getting ready to take pictures and head off, Juliet dumped an entire bowl of cereal all over on of our rugs. I was especially annoyed because she had done the same thing the previous week, and we had talked about how you need to use 2 hands and be careful. I had to haul up the carpet cleaner, because I didn't want our house smelling like stale milk. I already felt like our house smelled from living so erratically for the past month, getting vacuumed less, and getting less maintenance in general than it usually has. After cleaning the rug with our carpet cleaner, I went to take out the water to dump it and it came unlatched spilling dirty water all over another rug. Seriously. Not the first day I imagined. Poor Juliet was crying and I was frustrated. 
 We quickly took a few pictures before heading to school. When we got there, because we were so late, and every parent was there with their kid(s), we had to park at the Fire Station and walk through the cold grass to the school. Juliet kept saying, "This is not the first day I wanted!" We will remember this first day for the rest of our lives. 
 Juliet loves the bible. She is sad to leave Real Life Farm and bible story time. 


We had a pretty good first week back. Both kids love their teachers. We are all getting back into the routine of school. We've been going to bed early every night. I love having both kids at my school. It is so much fun to have them both in my office before and after school. I love seeing them in the hallway and meeting their friends. It's going to be a great year! 


No comments: