Friday, August 9, 2019

That's A Wrap on 1st and 3rd Grade

 Boo hoo. I feel like I took this picture yesterday, and now there are only 2 weeks of summer left. I've been in this office since I came to Workman when Leah began 1st grade. I remember when Leah started the 1/2 Split class and the spelling words were SO HARD and we would practice words on the white board before and after school. I remember trying and trying for a baby and taking pregnancy tests and ovulation tests in the bathroom. I remember bringing Juliet for Kindergarten orientation and being so excited that we were all going to go to the same place EVERY DAY. I love that the girls could come find me when ever they needed me and bring friends in on recess to help me out with random tasks. I loved when they would flop on my saucer chairs at the end of the day and tell me the drama of the day. This office was right on a main hallway and I would see both girls walk by often.  Now I have to move offices and Leah is leaving to go to TAG. I feel like a chapter closed and it makes me so sad. 
Anyway, these kids had a great year. They had amazing teachers, made great friends, and learned a lot. Juliet can't wait to see who her second grade teacher is, and Leah will be going to another school to join the TAG program. She's a little apprehensive about this (and so am I). But it's a great opportunity for her and getting into the program was one of her primary goals in 3rd grade. 

No comments: